Writers’ Centre Norwich and British Council seek literature and allied organisations with a track record of interesting, innovative, or impactful work and a desire to work internationally to be part of the International Literature Showcase.
The ILS has become an invaluable catalyst for writers, performers and organisations alike, leading to opportunities to develop new work and form new partnerships. In 2016 and 2017 it will promote 80 writers and 50 organisations. Literature organisations will benefit from introductions to emerging and mid-career writers and international literature professionals in a focused yet friendly arena, alongside a dynamic web profile, new audiovisual content, and the chance to develop and secure funding for new international work, plus much more besides.
A team comprising senior staff from Writers’ Centre Norwich and British Council will make the selection based on artistic merit, and will seek to reflect both the diverse fabric of the UK’s regions and the widest range of literary artforms.
Organisations selected will:
- Be based in the UK;
- Concentrate primarily on literature (via, for instance, translation, publishing, festivals and events, education and literacy, health and wellbeing, activism or production), though cross-artform practice is encouraged;
- Be working internationally already, or aspiring to do so through the ILS;
- Commit at least one staff member to sign up as a delegate via Slack (more / all staff are welcome); and
- Be able to contribute to building a rich and creative online profile for the ILS platform
Priority will be offered to organisations who have not been featured in the Norwich Showcase or ILS in the past.
To apply, please submit the following to ILS@writerscentrenorwich.org.uk by Monday 19 December 2016:
- A short (200 word max) overview of your organisation, detailing your major achievements;
- A portfolio of selected projects of critical acclaim; and
- A link to your website and any relevant other sites you have produced, and/or copies of relevant promotional literature as PDFs
Please include full contact details for a nominated representative of your organisation.
We will contact all selected organisations by 31 January 2017.