Following the hugely successful ILS Norwich event, we are excited to open applications for the ILS Collaboration Fund. Offering seed funding for the development of new collaborations between UK and overseas participants, this fund will drive forward new literature work in the coming months and years.
What are we funding?
All 2017 ILS participants can apply to the ILS Collaboration Fund, as long as the application involves a UK writer, participant or organisation working in collaboration with an international participant.
There are two strands of funding:
- Collaboration Fund: seed funding for new collaborations between UK and international organisations. Up to £2000 per partner.
- Touring Fund: to support showcased ILS writers in the UK to travel and export their work internationally. Up to £2000 per overseas participant.
The Collaboration Fund is for ILS participants who have been actively involved through the online platforms (such as litshowcase.org and the Slack team) or who attended ILS Norwich.
Opens: Wednesday 28 June 2017
Application deadline: Monday 31 July 2017
Decisions announced: Friday 18 August 2017
Applications will be assessed by a committee made comprising staff from Writers' Centre Norwich and British Council.
How to apply
Click here to access the online application form.
Terms & Conditions
- The deadline for applications is Monday 31 July 2017.
- Activity should commence between 1st September 2017 and 31st March 2018, unless otherwise agreed in advance. It should conclude before 31st December 2018.
- Applicants warrant that the information given in this application is true and accurate at time of submitting.
- Applicants shall use the Grant solely and exclusively for the purposes of funding the activity outlined in the application;
- Successful applicants will deliver all aspects of the activity with reasonable skill and care and in compliance at all times with the terms of this Agreement;
- All projects funded from the ILS Collaboration Fund must commit to acknowledge this support publicly. You should do this by referring to this support in all related information, marketing and publicity materials. Credit the support of the ILS Collaboration Fund in all press, marketing and communications materials across websites, print, press, publicity, and in any film, sound and broadcast products developed through the work. It shall be referred to as: “Supported by the British Council in partnership with Writers’ Centre Norwich, UK as part of the International Literature Showcase”.
- Successful applicants shall provide Writers’ Centre Norwich and British Council with documentation of the activity. This should be still images, audio, video, or written material, and accompanied by two blog posts chronicling progress.
- Successful applicants shall complete an evaluation form and return to ILS within 3 weeks of the end of the project.